Tuesday, September 1, 2015

STANDING FORTH - Meredith Burton



 Our woman’s lot, my mother says,
To bear children and not use our heads.
Yet words have sprung before my eyes,
Bringing me hope and freedom to try.

CHORUS
A moment has come,
One I never believed.
Should I do nothing
Or say that I can read?

The Smallman King who hid away,
Gave me courage to think and say
My thoughts despite disagreement and pain.
In turmoil I wait, for a choice must be made.

REPEAT CHORUS

BRIDGE
Know your place, the lot life casts.
Do not make a scene when the danger is vast.
Yet no one else will take a stand.
Perhaps a weakling has a place in the Song-Giver’s plan.

Our woman’s lot, my mother says,
To bear children and not use our heads.
Yet words have sprung before my eyes,
Opening doors to adventures untried.

Tag: Opening doors to adventures untried.

  


VOTING: If you would like to vote on this or any of the other fan fiction submissions, send me a list of your top three favorite POEMS and your top three favorite STORIES. (aestengl@gmail.com) Voting is for fans of the Goldstone Wood series only.

5 comments:

Savannah P. said...

I like that this is written to be a song, and it's very well-written. Great job, Meredith! ~Savannah P.

Anonymous said...

At first I thought it was Starflower, but no it's Leta!
Fantastic! Very well done and so very Leta! I like this one a lot! :) And how it's like a song. Very cool!

-Rebekah Lawrence (AKA Stargazer / Rebekah L.

Hannah said...

Awesome job as ever, Meredith!

Penny said...

Leta is a favorite character of mine so it was nice to see someone do something with her :)

Becky said...

Leta's heart beautifully sung! Meredith, you have such an amazing way with words, poetry and prose.