1. I've been working tremendously on getting Goddess Tithe ready for publication! Most of you have seen the title reveal banner already, but I figured I'd share it again . . .
I just received proofs of the book this afternoon, and Oh! They are so pretty! I think with just a few more tweaks, it's going to be ready to go to press.
I'll be planning the official cover reveal for Monday, September 23rd. And, because I was sent an extra proof copy, I am happy to announce that I will be offering it as a giveaway prize to celebrate the cover reveal. Is that not exciting???
If are a blogger and would like to help me host the cover reveal and giveaway next month, email me (email@example.com), and I'll add you to the list. I'll be sharing not only the cover and story summary, but also a short excerpt and one of the interior illustrations (because, yes, Goddess Tithe is my first illustrated story!).
So that's that project . . .
2. I've also been working like crazy on my manuscript for Book 7 in the Tales of Goldstone Wood which is called . . . Oh, right. I haven't revealed the title yet, have I? Actually, it's not officially titled, and you'll have to wait another few months to learn it. But I'm hoping to reveal that to all of you by about November 1st, so be watching!
The manuscript itself is just hitting that most fun and exciting stage: I'm over the halfway point, and all the storylines are really starting to gel. This is, I think, my most charismatic cast of characters yet. My heroine is possibly my very favorite of all time, and she spends a lot of time in company with a certain cat whom she is quite convinced is a devil in disguise. She also has dogs . . . three busy little fluffy dogs who look a lot like this:
|And their names are Dumpling, Rice Cake, and Sticky Bun.|
And they think they are lions.
You can well imagine the trials in store for a certain feline character . . . Too much fun. Really, I should not be enjoying this story so much.
So yes, possible title reveal coming up in November.
3. I have, this last week, begun reading submissions for the Five Glass Slippers contest.
Don't worry, those of you still planning to submit! The deadline is still December 31st. You have lots of time left!
But the stories are already piling up, and since I don't want to drown in them come this Christmas, I decided I should probably start reading. And I am so glad that I did! You would not believe the imagination and tremendously fun storytelling I'm encountering, just in this first week's worth of stories! I am so excited . . . and a little nervous. If these are any indication of what is to come, I'm going to have quite a time of it trying to select only five.
It's going to be an amazing collection, though, I can tell you that much right now. So looking forward to seeing it come together!
4. I've been working on a few other fun projects for Rooglewood Press as well. The historical romance (mentioned on the site) is in its final stages of cover design, and I should be doing a cover reveal for that author come late November. I'll remind all of you about it then so you can jump on board with that one too. I think it's going to be very pretty. The author has already told me that she thinks it's the prettiest cover she's ever had! :)
I have also been working a debut novelist on an exciting YA sci-fi adventure novel. Nothing is official on that one quite yet, but it looks like we might be having a neat new project coming out late next summer. Keep your eyes peeled!
5. And, of course, I have been enjoying my mentoring students. This has been a full summer for mentoring, and each student has intrigued me with her exciting story and unique writing abilities. Every month, I look forward to continuing the various adventures I'm in the midst of reading. And I love seeing the talents of my students on display as they come up with solutions to the exercises I give them. So impressive . . . I learn a lot from this crew!
6. And I must mention the Fan Fiction Contest currently running! Don't forget to vote. We have 34 wonderful stories on display, and there will be prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place! But you need to vote for winners to be chosen.
7. Two of you wonderful imps--Maid Hannah and Maid Beka--have been hard at work on a little side project for me, which I hope to be able to share with all of in another few weeks! I can't tell you too much about it just yet . . . except that it's called Dame Imraldera's Library. And I think you're going to love it!!!
8. Next week, we have several fun features coming up. First, I am hosting an interview of a new fantasy novelist, Jenelle Leanne Schmidt, and you will get to learn about her debut novel, King's Warrior. And on Tuesday, we have the blog tour for Amber Stoke's debut novel, Bleeding Heart. There's a fun giveaway to go along with both of those features, so don't miss out!
|Click here to learn more about this!|
9. The other thing that's kept me busy . . . I've been sick. Quite, quite sick. With a bit of a mysterious malady that knocks me flat for two weeks at a time, vanishes, then returns two months later to knock me flat again. The doctor has run tests and can find nothing wrong with me. I'm healthy as a horse, according to all the blood work! And yet this sickness continues to knock me out every now and then. I think it might be stress-related. I do tend to overdo the work hours now and then. But, if you think of it, prayers for health would be appreciated! Currently, I'm on an upswing from the most recent bout of illness, and feeling great to be back to my normal, busy self. But I've been struck with it five times this year, and it's more than a little frustrating. So yes, prayers would be welcome!
10. Kitties and doggy are all doing well. Minerva has been up to her usual wickednesses, but I haven't had opportunity to allow her to blog. I do apologize for that! I'm sure she'll tell you all about it when next she gets a chance.
If you didn't hear, we adopted a fifth cat this year, a handsome gray-and-white fluffy named Makoose;
Makoose: "I am very handsome."
He is quite the charmer, completely incapable of believing that anyone could ever dislike him. He has taken this attitude into his relationship with Milly and, despite her initial protests, as convinced her that she must indeed adore him because he is, in fact, adorable.
They have been caught spooning on more than one occasion, so I think his persuasions must have worked.
So there you have it. My collection of cats has grown, and I make no apologies.
I had an opportunity to talk about my Crazy Cat Lady-ness on J.L. Mbewe's blog, so if you get a chance, you should go read it!
There, my dears. I think that is all I have to say. It's all I can think of, anyway! It's been quite a busy summer, and is shaping up to be an even busier fall and winter. But I wouldn't miss a moment of it!
Okay, I must go. Tonight, my Rohan is taking me dancing, so I need to finish my work, put myself together, and discover why my dog is barking her head off even as I type . . . Until next time!
Have fun dancing! I know you have been so busy, and I am SO sorry that you have been sick! Anne Elisabeth: take a nap every once in a while. You work yourself to death! Makoose is so adorable! And I can't wait to find out more abou Hannah and Beka's secret project...oooh that just sounds exciting!
Wow, Anne - "busy" doesn't even begin to describe it! You inspire me with your creativity, your productivity, and...well...just yourself, 'cause you're awesome! :)
I'm eager to hear more about Goddess Tithe, and book 7 sounds hysterical! (I'm sure it's always wonderfully deep, too, but I love the already-evident humor!)
I haven't even started my contest entry yet...but I hope to remedy that soon!
Seriously can't wait for next week - thank you so much for sharing about the tour, and for being a part of it!! ((Hugs))
I'm so sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well, though. :( Sickness just seems to keep floating around and re-attaching itself to people! *sigh* Will pray for you!
And dancing?? Oh, you and Rohan know how to live! I love dancing. :) Have a wonderful night, my friend!
Oh, I'm sorry to hear that you've been so sick, Anne Elisabeth! I second Clara--don't be afraid to nap!
The next few months are going to be SO exciting! Looking forward to everything coming up!
And Makoose is indeed very persuasive--he's persuaded me to fall in love with him through a computer screen! <3
I hope you and Rohan have a wonderful time dancing tonight! You deserve it, our dear Anne Elisabeth, Knight of Farthestshore, Scribe Extraordinaire of the Tales of Goldstone Wood, and Mistress of the Imps! ;)
Wow. You've been busy. Sorry to hear you've been sick; I'll definitely be praying that you'll stay healthy.
I'll have to ask my parents about whether or not I can be part of the cover reveal. Hopefully I can! And I now feel sorry for Eanrin, being stuck with those three dogs- though how anyone could think he's a devil in disguise is beyond me.
I need to get busy on my Cinderella story. I have my idea; I just need to write it.
Makoose is indeed very handsome. Almost makes me wish I had a cat.
That sounds like quite the hectic schedule!
Hope your mysterious malady takes its leave of you soon and you are feeling better!
Oh, I'm so looking forward to reading Goddess Tithe! Whoever wins that proof copy is going to be ridiculously lucky! And Book 7...I've been waiting for Eanrin to run into someone who adores dogs. OH NO. This is going to be AWESOME. And I'm rather reeling from your enthusiasm over your characters in this book. Can they get any better than what you've already done???
I do not envy you and the other judges the task of choosing five stories for the Cinderella contest. I've read several synopsis of the stories around the blogs, and it sounds like there are some incredible ideas out there!
But ANNE, please don't overwork yourself!!! It sounds like you're running yourself into the ground! I was feeling really sick for a while a month or so back, and I decided it was stress-related also. Please rest!
Makoose is handsome...but I dread the vengeance of the Evil One who cannot be happy that another feline fiend has infiltrated her demesne!
Thank you for bringing us up to date on all your doings!!! Have a wonderful time dancing!
WOW! It sounds like you have super busy! I will definitely be keeping you in my prayers about this weird sickness!
My goodness! You are indeed very busy! This is the first I've heard of The Goddess Tithe. Is it a Goldstone Wood book? Also, book 7 sounds fantastic! Those dog names are so precious! Sounds like Eanrin doesn't know what he's in for!
Isn't it amazing that ideas for Cinderella stories never run out? Just shows the universal appeal of that phenomenal fairy tale. Best wishes in your quest to choose only five stories.
I'm so sorry to hear you've been sick. Will definitely be praying that they find the cause. Please take some time for yourself.
Dancing sounds fantastic. Have a wonderful time. Take care, and God bless you.
To Hannah: "Imraldera's Library" has really piqued my interest! Can't wait to see what you and Beka are up to! God bless.
So excited for all these great things that are happening! Goddess Tithe, book 7, special projects...eek! It also reminds me of my Cinderella stories...
I hope you get better, Anne Elisabeth, and that you keep writing your incredible stories!
@Meredith: Yes, GODDESS TITHE is another Goldstone Wood book. Just a novella, a little tide-you-over piece until SHADOW HAND releases. Looking forward to sharing more details about it soon!
And you know, I think I might actually be offering TWO proof copies for the Cover Reveal giveaway . . . because, why not? :)
Oh, goody! I'll get the word to Mrs. Laurie so Braille production can get underway when its released. If it's being published by Bethany House, she'll automatically be informed, but if not, please let me know. Thanks. Still waiting on Dragonwitch, (errr!), but it's getting there.
I'll bet doing a novella was fun but challenging. Since the series is so complex, it's great to know that smaller stories are woven into the fabric as a whole. Hope that you find time to rest this weekend. Still praying for your recovery. God bless.
Oh, crazy busyness! Will be praying and hope y'all figure out what and why and that it goes a way for good.
I have my Cinderella story outlined, hope to get to it after September!! Ack.
Cannot wait for Goddess Tithe! Dame Imraldera's Library?!! Too many awesome things look forward to.
by the way, we had a Pekingese exactly like your photo, except he was born without a tail.
Thanks for keeping us updated! :-)
Prayers being sent as I type. So many great and exciting things coming up! I can hardly wait!
I've been meaning to ask, the Cinderella story contest, are we supposed to basing 'classic' on the Grimm's version or the Disney version?
Also, wasn't there a dragon drawing contest or some such? (Not sure if it was yours or someone else's that I saw.)
@Julieann: You can base your story on any version of Cinderella you like, and shake it up any way that you like!
I think the dragon contest you're referring to might have been J.L. Mbewe's Creative Dragon contest, which she hosted earlier this month. It was really cool . . . I might mimic her and do something of the kind myself later on! She has a lot of fun ideas on her blog, and I highly recommend it: jlmbewe.com.
Thank you! I've been driving myself crazy trying to figure out where I'd seen it mentioned. Shame I missed it, but I'll definitely keep an eye on her blog. If you have something like that later, I'll be sure to join in on the fun!
Post a Comment