Thursday, August 1, 2013

Fan Fiction Contest 2013: The Golden Light

 

 
As I walk this path of death,
This path of death and tears,
Upon my back I feel his breath,
The Father of all Fears.
 
The darkness on this Path
Closes in and presses down.
Within I sense Beloved's wrath;
My heart trembles at the sound.
 
Blind I am, chased by my own god.
He seeks me now to enslave me again.
On this Path, my feet have already trod,
Both then and now, moving toward a bitter end.
 
Yet now I hear Your voice ahead,
Shining through my darkest night.
You'll rescue me from what I dread
When I'm following Your golden light.

 
 
 

 THE END

If you would like to vote on this or any other Goldstone Wood Fan Fiction, email me at aestengl@gmail.com with the titles of your top three picks. Winners will be announced September 1st.

 

10 comments:

Becky said...

Gorgeous illustration! So life-like.

Becky said...

The poem is also very lovely.

Unknown said...

Wow, this poem and illustration are absolutely astounding! I love the sparkle in the girls' eyes! Marvelous work, Lauren!

Anonymous said...

This poem has excellent rhythm, and that illustration really is divine! Such a talented young lady.

Meredith said...

I loved how this poem was told from Starflower's perspective and that you incorporated Beloved's name into the narrative. Great job. God bless you and keep up the outstanding work.

Hannah said...

Beautiful poem and absolutely stunning picture! You must participate in the next fan art contest, Lauren!

S.F. Gorske said...

Your poem was lovely, and your picture even more so! Very well-done--I could feel Starflower's emotions so well!

Kira Thomas said...

This was excellent, Lauren. The poem flows very beautifully: I could easily pick up on the rhythm from the very beginning, and it tells the story excellently.
The drawing is wonderful, too.

Jenn said...

*claiming big sister bragging rights* I love both, the poem and the drawing! :D

Unknown said...

Amazing! Wish I had those artistic skills...