Thursday, August 1, 2013

Fan Fiction Contest 2013: The Between



Here in the Woods Between,

I tremble and be still.

And I hear the Master sing,

Softly stating His will.

I bow, I listen;

Perhaps I may wonder.

But however incomprehensible,

On His Path I do not wander.

It has a purpose,

The greatst of plans.

Wherever the direction,

I will go to those lands.

Lord, please aid me.

I am so confused.

So weak, and shallow minded.

Hold my hand.  Carry me through.

I'm sorry, I'll get up.

I will stand and fight again.

When I reach the Final Waters...
 
You'll be with me, even then.

 
 
 

 THE END

If you would like to vote on this or any other Goldstone Wood Fan Fiction, email me at aestengl@gmail.com with the titles of your top three picks. Winners will be announced September 1st.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is very touching. :)

Unknown said...

Rebekah, this poem is so beautiful--and I love how it could fit any wanderer through Goldstone Wood--including the Reader. I especially loved the last two lines; very evocative! Awesome work!

Meredith said...

This poem was lovely and almost hymn-like in its repeated plea for aid. Loved how the speaker was so uncertain yet ultimately faithful. Did you have a particular character in mind who is speaking, or is the speaker ambiguous? Outstanding work! God bless.

Rebekah said...

Thank you so much for your praise, both of you!
@Meredith: No, actually, I didn't have anyone particularly in mind. It is just the plight and plea of all in the between - be it Wood or world - especially the Knights. So, yeah, it's ambiguous.

S.F. Gorske said...

This amazing poem was almost like a psalm--the depth and emotion in it is astounding, even though it isn't crazy long. Great, great job!

Hannah said...

Wonderful. Beautiful. Profound. This is an excellent poem that could so perfectly represents the struggles of the knights. I was particularly reminded of a knight in 'Dragonwitch.' How touching!