Saturday, September 1, 2012

Fan Fiction Contest 2012: THE WINNER!



The time has come, ladies and gentlemen, to announce the winner of the first ever Tales of Goldstone Wood Fan Fiction Contest! With so many wonderful submissions, it was a very close contest. But when I added up the final tally, the story that won out above all others was . . . .
 
 
Wood Thrush's Song
  MEREDITH LEIGH BURTON


Congratulations, Meredith! You have won a free, first-printing copy of Starflower and TWO other Tales of Goldstone Wood novels of your choice, along with an added surprise gift of a Tales of Goldstone Wood coffee mug!

We have second and third runner-ups as well.

SECOND PLACE:
Spring Sprig
 
 
HANNAH WILLIAMS
 
Congrats, Hannah! You have won a copy of Starflower and a Tales of Goldstone Wood coffee mug!


THIRD PLACE:
Corin and the Bard
CLARA
 
And you, Clara, have won a Tales of Goldstone Wood Coffee Mug!

Congratulations to all three of you talented writers! Feel free to email me at aestengl@gmail.com to let me know your mailing addresses, and I will mail off your prizes!
 
I will be posting the winning story tomorrow, and the second and third place stories on Monday and Tuesday following. After that, because the rest of the stories were simply too good not to share, I'll be posting new stories on Monday and Wednesday of each week until all of them have been featured!
 
The rest of you participants be watching your emails for your judges' comments as well. All three judges expressed to me how impressed they were by the quality of writing submitted. When the points came in, there were some very close calls! I hope you all had fun with this contest and will keep your eyes open for future contests and giveaways.
 
Congrats again to Meredith Burton!

7 comments:

Clara said...

I CAN'T TELL YOU HOW THRILLED I AM!!!! I have been telling myself that there was no way I would win, and I kept getting more and more discouraged when I was scrolling down, looking at the winners...and then there was my story!!!! I will use the coffee mug every day!

Clara said...

Oh! Yes; congrats Meredith and to Hannah!

Hannah said...

WOW!!! I AM SO EXCITED! This is pretty amazing. I can't wait to read everyone's stories! Congratulations Meredith and Clara!

Molly said...

CLARA CLARA CLARA CLARA I AM TOO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!! :)
Congratulations Hannah and Meredith, too, I am so glad you won!!!

Taisia TinĂºviel said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Can't wait to read your stories!!!!! :)

Victoria said...

CONGRATS,gals! I'm looking forward to reading your "sub-Tales of Goldstone Wood"! :) :) :)

Caiti Marie said...

Congratulations, Meredith, Hannah, and Clara! I've already read Meredith's story— I say it is definitely deserving of the win! I can't wait to read the rest of the stories!