Tuesday, June 23, 2015
Fan Fiction Contest Announcement - 2015
I don't know about you, but of all the Goldstone Wood contests hosted each year, the Fan Fiction Contest is probably my favorite! It's YOUR chance to create your own stories set in the worlds Near, Far, and Between, exploring themes, characters, and places more deeply than ever before.
Here are the rules for the contest for those writers among you interested in participating.
1. Your story or poem must be set in the world of Goldstone Wood with recognizable Goldstone Wood themes and elements. You may feel free to invent your own new characters and Faerie demesnes, just be certain that there are enough Goldstone Woodish aspects to make it recognizably part of this world. You may also explore aspects of the novels or characters you are curious about . . . The sky is the limit!
2. Your story may be any length you like. Poetry is also welcome and encouraged!
3. You may submit as many pieces as you like.
4. To submit your story, email it to me (email@example.com) no later than August 28, 2015.
5. The stories will be posted on September 1, and voting will run through September 12. The winners will be announced on September 13.
We are shaking up the methods of winning this year to create more opportunities for each of our talented writers! Here's how it's going to happen . . .
ONE WINNER will be chosen for best STORY. This winner will be picked via fan voting. To vote, send your top THREE choices to me (firstname.lastname@example.org), listed in order of preference. Your top pick will be given ten points, your second pick, five points, your third pick, two points.
ONE WINNER will be chosen for best SONG OR POEM. This winner will be picked via fan voting. To vote, send your top THREE choices to me (email@example.com), listed in order of preference. Your top pick will be given ten points, your second pick, five points, your third pick, two points.
ONE WINNER will be chosen by me as MY PERSONAL FAVORITE of the year.
Three prizes . . . three winners . . . but three different categories! Because I definitely want to allow for the talented poets to win as well since, during the last several years, no poems have been picked, though some very beautiful pieces have been submitted.
Now . . . the prizes!
All three of the winners will receive the same prize which is . . . a gorgeous, hardbound, Goldstone Wood Imp journal! What's more, this journal will have a PERSONALIZED imprinting on the back cover, with the name of the winning story/poem and the author's name.
So what do you think, dear Imps? Are you ready to make some literary magic?