Tuesday, January 29, 2013

An Invitation


You are Invited

to a Banquet

Where: Oriana Palace, Parumvir
 
When: April 11, 2013
 
What to Bring: A dish worthy to be served at a Banquet in Parumvir
 
What to Wear: Party Dress, of course!


Dear readers, I am very pleased to inform you of one of the upcoming events on this blog! For my birthday this year, I am going to host a Parumvir Banquet, and I want all of you to participate.

In order to attend this banquet, you will need to make a dish that you think would be appropriate to serve at a feast in Oriana. Take a nice picture of it (and of yourself in a Party Dress to go along with it if you like) and email it to me along with a recipe sometime in the next few months.

On April 11th, which is my birthday, I will compile all the pictures and recipes to host one glorious "banquet" online! We will all get to see each others' creativity and hopefully acquire a bazillion wonderful new recipes to add to our collections.

To give you an idea of what is expected . . . .


Gleamdren's Tea Dainties
These are raspberry meringues with white chocolate centers, invented and submitted by my beautiful sister-in-law, Kristen. She gave them the name "Gleamdren's Tea Dainties," because they are incredibly rich and impractical, just like something Lady Gleamdren would enjoy. And of course, Gleamdren is a popular figure of legend in Parumvir, so I'm sure her Tea Dainties are a favorite sweet to be had at any feast!

Marmaduke thinks they look tasty . . .
 
You'll have to wait for the banquet itself to get the recipe and to see the other fabulous entries Kristen is submitting! But in the meanwhile, you can start coming up with your own submissions. These can be things right out of your cookbook or new inventions of your own. And remember, a feast is going to need:
 
A soup course
A salad course
A main course
A cheese course
A dessert course
 
So plenty of options for your creativity!
 
What do you think? Do you have some ideas brewing? Will you come up with some Goldstone Wood-appropriate names for you dishes?

23 comments:

Unknown said...

Ohhh, sounds like fun! I already have a dish in mind! (I think it's something Eanrin would enjoy!)

-Beka

Molly said...

Yum....
I can't wait to see all the pictures!! This sounds like SO much fun!
And, like Beka, I have some things in mind.... :P

Unknown said...

What a fun idea. So clever! Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.

Hannah said...

Oh! This is TOO fun!!! I'm really looking forward to this. I'm not all that experienced of a cook, but I have a few recipes I want to try. And are the party dress pictures separate from the dish picture? Is there a limit to the amount of entries?

Anne Elisabeth Stengl said...

You can do the party dress picture separate, or you can do it along with one of your dishes, "presenting the dish" as it were! And you may feel free to give as many entries as you like! This is a feast, after all . . . we will have many people to "feed." ;)

Hannah said...

By the way, Marmaduke is very...photogenic. He is quite a handsome cat, he is. Of course, don't tell Minerva. Heaven forbid that you take a picture of any cat but her...at least not with her in it as well.

Hannah said...

Wait a second...Minerva Lousie isn't reading this blog...IS SHE???

(0_0)

Minerva Louise said...

Don't count on it, Human Mortal. The great Minerva Louise reads all . . . .

Hannah said...

oh...Ooh,oh, oh, my apologies, Your Highness, forgive this lowly human. ={

Meredith said...

UMMM! So exciting! Lady Gleamdren's Tea Dainties sound marvelous. I love meringues, and anything with chocolate and raspberry is delectable. I haven't met Lady Gleamdren yet, but if Bard Eanrin's poetry is any indication, she enjoys sweet nothings, light poetry that flatters the reader or listener. Not that that's a bad thing. I do, too.

I had no idea you had such a prestigious royal cat. What does she look like? A knight in Aethelbald's service, perhaps? Love her name, and I've always loved the name Marmaduke, too. If it is not below their dignity, and they would deign it appropriate, please give them pats from me. I love cats. As I write this, my tabby, Simba, is ensconced on her throne purring away. God bless you.

Galadriel said...

Sounds like fun...not sure if I have anything worth showing, but it'll be watching.

J. L. Mbewe said...

You are so creative! I love this and the read along. very cool. Will have to see what I can come up with. :-)

Bookishqueen said...

I'll have to come up with something for this.

Anne Elisabeth Stengl said...

@Meredith: Minerva Louise is a fluffy black kitty with brown splotches and aqua-green eyes. She has a long plumy tail, like a big fluffy feather. She is quite petite, the smallest of all my kitties, but she rules Rooglewood with an iron paw.

Marmaduke is my handsome boy . . . he is an Abyssinian with exquisite bone-structure and breeding. He is red with black "ticks" on the end of each fur, giving him a two-tone look. Enormous golden eyes and the most gushy/romantic personality. He has a tendency to fall MADLY in love with whoever walks through the door, which can be very nice for the ego. But he's ultimately true to me . . . :)

They both accepted pats very happily.

Brandi Boddie said...

What a fun, lovely idea! I look forward to seeing all the pretty dresses and appetizing food dishes!

Meredith said...

Ah, how very precious. Thanks so much for describing them to me. You write beautiful descriptions. I like the name of your house, too.

Clara said...

AHHHHH!!!! This came just in the nick of time for me because I have to make a meal (or in this case, feast) for home ec. My Mom keeps telling me to make a meal and I keep wiggling out of it saying, "But Anne Elisabeth SAID that we would have a Perumvir Banquet!!" This is just TOO exciting!

I already have quite a few plans brewing in my head...mwa ha ha ha!

(did I just give an evil laugh?! Minerva is rubbing off on me!)

Hannah said...

Hi Clara! I realized that I had never seen you comment on the Dragonwitch cast of characters page. I wanted to make sure you have seen it, because it's soooo worth seeing. :)

Anonymous said...

This sounds like a hoot! Great idea:-)

Clara said...

Hey Hannah! I am posting a comment right now...I have been remiss in my bloggery duties of late, (Dragon's teeth I HATE school!) but I'm trying to get back in the swing of things. I can't WAIT to see what you serve at the Banquet...or see what you wear!

Anne Elisabeth: I was wondering if you were going to be participating in the Banquet as well...I was just wondering; don't feel like you have to just because I asked!

Anne Elisabeth Stengl said...

@Clara Darling: Absolutely! It is for my birthday, after all, so I will DEFINITELY participate! In a party dress, no less. :D

Jill Stengl said...

So, what about if a guy wants to participate? Shouldn't you maybe say "party attire"? I mean, a tux or suit wouldn't be unwelcome, I should think. ;-) After all, the menfolk will do their part in eating the Parumvir feast! (Just please don't stuff poor Felix into a ruffled collar again!)

Sarah Pennington said...

Ooh, this sounds fun. I'll have to see if I can't think something up . . .

Gleamdren's Tea Dainties look delicious, by the way.