Tuesday, September 1, 2015

ALL MY LOVE - Sarah Grace



With all the love I have to give
I'll walk this path once more
The Fallen One at my heels,
Severe punishment at my door.

For though the enchantments fall away
His song is in your ear
Only for you, my daughter
Will I face my greatest fear

With all the love I have to give
I leave you in a mortal's care
My dear Rose, you are free
Although not so fair

With all the love I have to give
I'll give it all away
Safety from your father's plan
Is all that I can pray

With all the love I have to give,
I trust Him to protect you
And someday, when it's all over
And the night of Moonblood is through,

Won't you return to me?



VOTING: If you would like to vote on this or any of the other fan fiction submissions, send me a list of your top three favorite POEMS and your top three favorite STORIES. (aestengl@gmail.com) Voting is for fans of the Goldstone Wood series only.

10 comments:

Meredith said...

This is a lovely poem, so elegant and touching. I loved that the speaker is Anahid. It really embodies a mother's love! Terrific job!

Therru Ghibli said...

This is so beautiful! You did a great job!

Savannah P. said...

Oh Sarah, this poem is beautiful! I loved it! ~Savannah P.

Becky said...

You captured Anahid's love so beautifully.

Anonymous said...

Oh... Anahid.... Wow. I only knew who it was at the end, so I read it twice. Second time since I knew who it was I liked it so much more!! Beautiful!! Poor Anahid. Poor Rose Red. Sadness! :( But beauty. :) Wonderful! I got chills. Great poem, Sarah!

-Rebekah Lawrence (AKA Rebekah L. and Stargazer)

Hannah said...

Ooooooooooooooo, Anahid!!! *cries* Oh, you captured this so beautifully and that ending! Oh, that ending just brings in all the feels!

Anonymous said...

Thank you guys so much for the sweet comments! Poetry isn't my strong suit, but i enjoyed writing this one. Anahid is definitely a favorite character :D

-Sarah Grace

ghost ryter said...

Ohhh, poor Anahid. I like how we didn't know the speaker 'til the end. Lovely!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, my poor little heart! This was so beautiful, Sarah Grace, so beautifully written, and the fact that you took it from Anahid's perspective was fantastic! Bravo! So well done! I loved it.

-Melanie

Penny said...

Lovely poem. One of my favorites! A mother's love is a beautiful and rare thing.