My dear Goldstone Wood Imps, the time has come to announce this year's Fan Fiction Contest.
You may remember how wonderful all the submissions were last year, particularly the winning submission by Meredith Burton (which can be read here). This year, we're going to shake it up a little bit, however! So if you want to participate, please read the rules below:
1. Your short story submission must be set in the world of Goldstone Wood and relate to the characters and themes of that world in some way. You may introduce your own new characters and storylines, but we must be able to see the connection to Goldstone Wood somehow.
2. There is no word-limit this year. You may make your stories as long or as short as you like!
3. You must get your submission to me no later than July 31, 2013.
4. This year, the winner will be selected via Fan Voting (as with the Fan Art Contest). All submissions will be given individual features on the Tales of Goldstone Wood blog so readers may read and enjoy them.
5. To Vote: Readers may email me their TOP THREE FAVORITES (firstname.lastname@example.org). Those who submit stories may also vote.
6. Voting will last through the whole month of August, giving readers plenty of time to read every story. The winners will be announced on September 1st.
THE WINNERS1st Place: Will receive two Goldstone Wood novels of her/his choice, and a free influencer copy of Shadow Hand when it releases next February!
2nd Place: Will receive two Goldstone Wood novels of her/his choice.
3rd Place: Will receive one Goldstone Wood novel of her/his choice.
Note: Illustrated stories are welcome, but I request that those who illustrate their stories send me the images as Jpegs and at least a week before the deadline so that I have plenty of time to format the story for presentation.
I am so looking forward to seeing your creativity at work! Last year displayed so much writing talent, it nearly blew me away. Can you Imps top that this year???