How would you like this to be the cover of your story?
In another year it just might be!
I am excited to announce the Five Glass Slippers Contest. For this contest, you talented writers will compete to see your short story or novella featured in this collection to be produced next year by Rooglewood Press.
Here are the rules:
1. Your story must be based on the fairy tale "Cinderella." While you are at liberty to retell the story in all sorts of exciting and original ways, the core of the tale must be recognizable. Include as many of the classic themes as you can, though you may feel free to switch them up and surprise us!
2. Your story must be between 5,000 and 20,000 words long.
Write to me at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a submission form. I will send you the form, which you will fill out and return to me with the submission fee of $10. Upon receiving the form and fee, I will let you know so that you may email me your story in a Microsoft Word document.
If you get several great ideas and decide to submit more than one story for consideration, you will need to fill out and send in submission forms and fees for each story.
Because I want you to have plenty of time to prepare your best work, I am giving you until December 31 to send in your manuscripts. (Feel free to send them in as soon as they are ready, however . . . so I'm not deluged all at once!)
I and the other editors at Rooglewood Press will read each submission and select five winners to be announced by author name and story title on March 1, 2014. Each winner will receive:
1. A $50 cash prize
2. The opportunity to work one-on-one with Rooglewood Press editors to polish and perfect the selected story.
3. An individually designed title page within the volume to match the selected story.
4. An author-bio feature within the volume with links to professional blogs and/or websites.
5. The opportunity to feature advertisements in the back of the volume for other published works of fiction.
6. A print copy of the complete book for her/his bookshelf!
The Five Glass Slippers collection will be available in print, e-book, and (I hope!) Braille copies by June 2014. It will be for sale online at Amazon and Barnes & Noble.
So there you have it! I am tremendously excited to see what all of you come up with.
This is also the announcement of our new little Rooglewood Press, through which I hope to produce many fun titles from many talented authors. This Five Glass Slippers collection is only the beginning . . .
Feel free to go have a browse of our website (but remember that it's a work-in-progress!).
For you bloggers, please share the grab-button below along with the link:
And tell everyone you know about this contest! I'd like to get the word out as far as possible.