Friday, October 7, 2011

Contest Winner

The winner of the Who Said That? dragon quotes challenge is . . .


(Again!)

Well done, finding all those dragon-quotes. Some of them were a bit tricky! Go ahead and email me your mailing address (again!), and you shall receive a signed copy of BOTH Heartless and Veiled Rose. You can also let me know to whom you would like them signed (in case you want to give one as a gift).

Thank you to everyone who contributed to this contest! It was a tricky one, and I doubt anyone could have gotten them all without googling answers. But I appreciate those of you who just listed the ones you knew . . . and some of you got some that I didn't expect people to recognize! Here is the list with its answers:

1.      “No hunter of the sky should end his days as prey. Better to die on the wing than pinned to the ground.”
Saphira from Eragon

2.      “You have the effrontery to be squeamish. But we were dragons. We were SUPPOSED to be cruel, cunning, heartless and terrible. But this much I can tell you, you ape, we never burned and tortured and ripped one another apart and called it morality.”
The Dragon "King" from Guards! Guards!

3.      “I like cherries jubilee. And I like the look of her. Besides, the Latin scrolls in my library need cataloguing, and if I can’t find someone who knows a little of the language, I’ll have to do it myself.”

4.      “I kill when I wish! I am strong, strong, STRONG! My armor is like tenfold shields! My teeth like swords! My claws, spears! The shock of my tail, a thunderbolt! My wings, a hurricane! And my breath, death!”
Smaug from The Hobbit

5.      “Believe me when I say I want you to stay a long time with me. I am sad when I am alone. My unhappiest hours are after I have destroyed a guest. I have never forgotten any of you. I have remembered my first guest for over seven hundred years. He had a short life breathing the air, but a long life in memory.”

6.      “Now, shall you deal with me, O prince, and all the powers of hell!”
Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty

7.      “Understand then, old enchanter, they that sprung from me fear thee and thy kind. Thou art unto them the slayer folk, they that drove us hence.”
Calbhiorus from Mad Merlin (I've not actually read it . . . My husband asked me to include this one, so this is a nod to my Authriana-loving Rohan!)

8.      “The half cannot truly hate that which makes it whole.”
Great Dragon from Merlin

9.      “Never give up and good luck will find you.”

10.  “Gleep!”

7 comments:

Jenny Freitag said...

Congratulations, Need2Read! Enjoy the books!

Abigail Hartman said...

Out of curiosity, Anne Elisabeth, do you watch "Merlin"? My family does, but I haven't heard of many other people who do. I understand it is quite popular, though, so I must not move in the right circles!

Anne Elisabeth Stengl said...

Actually, I don't really watch Merlin . . . I saw the first few episodes (which is how I got the line), but have never really gone back to it. It's nice to know there's some good, clean, Arthurian-fantasy out there for families, though! And when I used to work a Barnes and Noble, and I had customers in the DVD department telling me how much they LOVED it all the time. :)

Miah said...

Congratulations Need2Read! Those were hard

Anonymous said...

Nice going need2read!

~Clara

Elf said...

Thank you for the books and things. I got them yesterday!

Anne Elisabeth Stengl said...

You're welcome! Enjoy! :)