I should be one of those Good Authors who writes up blog posts well in advance . . . perhaps one day I will be?
Anyway, to make up for my lack, I am going to host a Dragon Contest with free autographed books as prizes!
(Gratuitous Dragon Illustration of Coolness)
Below you will see a list of quotes said by Famous Dragons. It’s up to you to tell me which dragon said which quote! Whoever names them ALL first will get a free, autographed copy of both Heartless and Veiled Rose.
If you cannot name them all, no worries! Name as many as you can. If no one names them all, a free copy of Veiled Rose will go to whoever can name the most.Here are the quotes:
1. “No hunter of the sky should end his days as prey. Better to die on the wing than pinned to the ground.”
2. “You have the effrontery to be squeamish. But we were dragons. We were SUPPOSED to be cruel, cunning, heartless and terrible. But this much I can tell you, you ape, we never burned and tortured and ripped one another apart and called it morality.”
3. “I like cherries jubilee. And I like the look of her. Besides, the Latin scrolls in my library need cataloguing, and if I can’t find someone who knows a little of the language, I’ll have to do it myself.”
4. “I kill when I wish! I am strong, strong, STRONG! My armor is like tenfold shields! My teeth like swords! My claws, spears! The shock of my tail, a thunderbolt! My wings, a hurricane! And my breath, death!”
6. "Now, shall you deal with me, O prince, and all the powers of hell!”
7. “Understand then, old enchanter, they that sprung from me fear thee and thy kind. Thou art unto them the slayer folk, they that drove us hence."
8.“The half cannot truly hate that which makes it whole.”
9. “Believe me when I say I want you to stay a long time with me. I am sad when I am alone. My unhappiest hours are after I have destroyed a guest. I have never forgotten any of you. I have remembered my first guest for over seven hundred years. He had a short life breathing the air, but a long life in memory.”
10. "Never give up and good luck will find you.”
So many different dragons speaking here! Some quite posh, others . . . less so. Are any of them familiar to you? Your deadline is next Friday, October 7th, when the winner will be announced and the answers will be revealed . . .