Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The Forms of Things Unknown

Allow me to commence the keeping of my new blog with a quote from the great Bard himself:

The poet’s eye, in fine frenzy rolling,
Doth glance from heaven to earth, from earth to heaven;
And, as imagination bodies forth
The forms of things unknown, the poet’s pen
Turns them to shapes, and gives to airy nothing
A local habitation and a name.

From William Shakespeare’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream—Act 5, Scene 1
I would never style myself a poet. But I am a storyteller. These lines, to me, describe the work of all storytellers . . . . and who but Shakespeare could describe it so eloquently?
Anyway, to celebrate the advent of my very first book cover--as pictured above and to the side--I thought I should begin a literary blog of some sorts. And I promise, I won't quote Shakespeare every time! I'll primarily be writing up reviews of my current reads, details of my progressing projects, and whatever else might suit my fancy on any given day. Hope you enjoy it!
And don't forget to look for my first title, Heartless, coming out July 2010. Click the little picture on the sidebar to see it on Amazon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely adored this book :). It's now in the list of my all time favorites (and I've currently begun to read it again)! But I was wondering (and forgive me for being so random), but what are the color of Una's eyes?... told you it was random :P. I know that they are definitely NOT blue, so that eliminates that. The only reason I ask is because one of my friends read the book too, and she said that she thinks the character looks just like me. Again, sorry for being random!!!

Anne Elisabeth Stengl said...

I like random questions! :) Actually, I never gave Una a specific eye color because I like for my readers to be able to decide for themselves what she ought to look like. Personlly, I always pictured her looking like a friend of mine who has honey-brown hair and hazel-green eyes. But since I never said so in the book, she could have any eye-color you like! What color of eyes do you have?

I am so pleased that you enjoyed HEARTLESS so much! I hope you will be able to get a hold of VEILED ROSE, the sequel. And MOONBLOOD comes out in April too! Keep your eyes open on this blog for various contests I post with opportunities to win free books! Blessings.

paulsmith198914@gmail.com said...

This is a great book to read! I'm happy to find your entry! Obviously, there are a lot of things that exists on the earth we probable don't know! The given article is a basic sample; just click on http://bigessaywriter.com/blog/21-things-that-exist-on-the-earth-you-probably-dont-know to see its content!